The Cherokee County Board of Education has divided the county into attendance areas in an effort to serve the students with as little inconvenience as possible in matters of travel time and transportation cost.  Because these attendance areas have been in existence for many years, facilities have been built and/or renovated to accommodate the school populations within those districts.


If parents or guardians would like for students to attend a school outside of the regular attendance area, they must submit a written request to the CCS Superintendent by June 1.  A decision will be made and the parent notified by June 30.


Review the Request for Student Transfer policy for more information about transferring students during the school year.