(828) 837-2722 ext. 2420
Applications may be printed from this website or you can visit Central Office between 8 am and 4 pm, Monday through Friday.
If you submitted an application within the last 2-years (non-certified) 4-years (certified) you may activate it by contacting Ms. Gibson. To receive additional details about any of the positions listed feel free to contact Ms. Gibson or the individual listed in the vacancy notice.
We are now accepting applications for the following positions.
Occupational Therapist (Part-time) District
Evaluates, identifies, and provides services to students who meet eligibility requirements for school-based occupational therapy as a related service in their IEP, which includes:
- Identifies students exhibiting fine motor or sensory processing disorders through evaluation and analyzing deficits in motor skills of students found in the identification process
- Participates in IEP meetings in order to relate pertinent data used in the determination of students
School-age experience preferred. Individual is expected to work collaboratively and communicate with professionals and parents regarding integration of occupational therapy goals into the student’s functional and academic environments. Interested applicants must be knowledgeable of federal, state, and local procedures. Must be able to maintain accurate, complete, and appropriate records and file reports promptly. Billing Medicaid in a timely manner is a required responsibility. Must hold a current NC Examiner License in the area of Occupational Therapy.
Speech/Language Pathologist District
- Masters Degree in Communication Disorders/Speech and Language Pathology.
- Current ASHA Certificate of Clinical Competency/ ASHA certification.
- Current NC State license for the Speech-Language Pathology, Audiology, and Hearing Aid Dispensing Practices Board.
- Experience working with school-age children preferred.
Bus Drivers and Bus Monitors
Cherokee County Schools is now accepting applications for Bus Drivers and Bus Monitors.
Successful Applicants must possess a valid North Carolina Commercial Driver's License with P & S endorsements; CCS will train interested individuals.
Applicants must also meet the following criteria:
- 18 years of age
- Clean driving record
- Clear criminal background check
- Pass pre-employment drug screen as well as random drug screening (if employed by CCS)
- Ability and willingness to work with students and adults
Bus Driver training will be offered to interested applicants. The NC DMV requires that potential drivers pass the NC School Bus Driver written and road tests. The NC DMV also requires all new driver applicants to obtain a Commercial Learners’ Permit before any behind the wheel training, as well as pre-employment drug screening.
21st Century Community Learning Centers Tutor
Minimum Qualification: Bachelor’s Degree in Education preferred or meet the credentials for an NC Teacher Assistant
Specific Training: Appropriate Teacher’s Certificate
Strong people and organizational skills
Experience: A teacher or teacher assistant in the participating school preferred
Pay rate: $15.00 per hour
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Become thoroughly familiar with the approved grant and its goals.
- Assist Site Director in planning and initiating high-quality activities outlined in the grant and in the goals and objectives.
- Tutor small group of students in the content areas of reading and math.
- Be prepared to teach each day with lesson plans, activities, and resources for STEM, arts education, health-enhancing recreational learning activities, health education including drug and violence prevention programs, and character education.
- Develop feedback loop between regular school staff and the after-school program.
- Oversee classroom and make sure homework is completed by signing off on the Homework Completion sheet.
- Assist in maintaining adequate control, discipline, and ensure the safety of students as outlined in Cherokee County Schools Code of Student Conduct.
- Assist in developing and implementing a program of creative classroom instruction, including activities involving academic enrichment, activities aligned with STEM, and activities to promote character education.
- Assist the site director in maintaining all necessary records as described in the S.M.A.R.T. goals of the grant.
- Participate in professional development training and workshops: Reading & Math Strategies, 4-H Adult Leader Training, Engineering Is Elementary Training, Trimble Sketchup 3-D Modeling Program, LEGO Robotics, Mendez Too Good for Drugs and Violence After School Curriculum, Vestibular Skill Building.
- Welcome, supervise, and provide direction for volunteers assigned to your classroom.
- Ensure room is cleaned before leaving.
Reports to: Site Director
Interested candidates can send a letter of interest to DavAnn Hubbard at email@example.com. The position will be advertised until filled.