If you are interested in any of the vacancies listed below, please submit your application to:
Ms. Kim Gibson
CCS Central Office
911 Andrews Road, Murphy, NC 28906.
(828) 837-2722 ext. 2420
Applications may be printed from this website or you can visit Central Office between 8 am and 4 pm, Monday through Friday.
If you submitted an application within the last 2-years (non-certified) 4-years (certified) you may activate it by contacting Ms. Gibson. To receive additional details about any of the positions listed feel free to contact Ms. Gibson or the individual listed in the vacancy notice.
- WAREHOUSE DELIVERY DRIVER
SUMMARY: Perform all warehouse functions for School Nutrition purchases including receipt, inspection and distribution of goods.
Perform appropriate inventory control techniques. Responsible for safe, efficient and cost-effective management of School Nutrition food, supplies and equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Coordinate and perform daily physical transfer of food, supplies, and equipment to and from locations.
Safely load and unload materials using forklift, dolly, electric and non-electric pallet jack, wagons, carts and other equipment.
Properly maintain and store product and equipment.
Perform scheduled receiving, storage and delivery functions.
Receive and inspect goods from vendors and buildings.
Monitor and maintain accurate warehouse inventory levels using computer system and physical inspections.
Identify and communicate warehouse inventory shortages or excess.
Communicate inventory variances and abnormalities to supervisor and director to ensure proper rotation and flow of goods to and from kitchens.
Transport supplies, equipment and/or food to and from schools, departments, businesses or other outside agencies.
Transport food according to high standards of sanitation and safety per federal, state and department guidelines.
Assist in all warehouse functions including filling orders, dating product, follow FIFO, track inventory, putting away stock and deliveries.
Follow district policy while driving district vehicles. Perform and properly document pre-trip and post-trip inspections.
Follow scheduled hours and department procedures, and ensure planned route is followed daily.
Attend work and arrive in a timely manner according to established schedules.
Attend all required departmental trainings and meetings. .
Be willing to hold a CDL passenger bus endorsement license
Perform other duties as assigned.
Individuals interested in any of the above positions should submit a job application to Jennifer Rayfield, School Nutrition Supervisor at Central Office, 911 Andrews Road, Murphy, NC 28906. Positions will be advertised until filled. Cherokee County Schools is an equal opportunity employer.
- Part-Time Cafeteria Workers
o High School Diploma preferred or equivalent
o Able to remain standing for duration of shift
o Able to lift up to 50 pounds
o Computer skills a plus
o First Aid/CPR certification preferred
o ServSafe Certified preferred
o Final prep for breakfast and lunch
o Serving and cleaning of kitchen/serving area/dining area and other duties assigned by cafeteria manager.
o Training as a backup cashier.
Hours: Vary by school for a maximum of 207 days per school year.
Individuals interested in the above position should submit a job application to Jennifer Rayfield, School Nutrition Supervisor at Central Office, 911 Andrews Road, Murphy, NC 28906. Positions will be advertised until filled.
- Custodian—(Full Time District)
Prefer applicant to hold or be willing and eligible to obtain a CDL with Passenger and School Bus endorsements.
- Performs routine, manual work cleaning and maintaining buildings.
- Controls building heating and air conditioning equipment.
- Performs recurring tasks in accordance with established practices and cleaning schedules.
- Knowledge of cleaning methods, materials and equipment.
- Skill in the use of small equipment used in routine cleaning.
- Ability to understand and follow simple oral or written directions.
21st Century Community Learning Centers Tutor
Minimum Qualification: Bachelor’s Degree in Education preferred or meet the credentials for an NC Teacher Assistant
Specific Training: Appropriate Teacher’s Certificate
Strong people and organizational skills
Experience: A teacher or teacher assistant in the participating school preferred
Pay rate: $15.00 per hour
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Become thoroughly familiar with the approved grant and its goals.
- Assist Site Director in planning and initiating high-quality activities outlined in the grant and in the goals and objectives.
- Tutor small group of students in the content areas of reading and math.
- Be prepared to teach each day with lesson plans, activities, and resources for STEM, arts education, health-enhancing recreational learning activities, health education including drug and violence prevention programs, and character education.
- Develop feedback loop between regular school staff and the after-school program.
- Oversee classroom and make sure homework is completed by signing off on the Homework Completion sheet.
- Assist in maintaining adequate control, discipline, and ensure the safety of students as outlined in Cherokee County Schools Code of Student Conduct.
- Assist in developing and implementing a program of creative classroom instruction, including activities involving academic enrichment, activities aligned with STEM, and activities to promote character education.
- Assist the site director in maintaining all necessary records as described in the S.M.A.R.T. goals of the grant.
- Participate in professional development training and workshops: Reading & Math Strategies, 4-H Adult Leader Training, Engineering Is Elementary Training, Trimble Sketchup 3-D Modeling Program, LEGO Robotics, Mendez Too Good for Drugs and Violence After School Curriculum, Vestibular Skill Building.
- Welcome, supervise, and provide direction for volunteers assigned to your classroom.
- Ensure room is cleaned before leaving.
Reports to: Site Director
Interested candidates can send a letter of interest to DavAnn Hubbard at firstname.lastname@example.org. The position will be advertised until filled.