Coalition for Drug-free Cherokee County
CCS participates in a collaborative program called the Coalition for a Safe and Drug-free Cherokee County. This partnership is composed of various community groups banded together to prevent substance abuse in the local community.
- Prevention programs in the schools
- Developing school policies and awareness
- Sad, But True clubs
- Special events for students (Shop with a Cop, games at community events)
- Newsletter for parents and guardians
- 24/7 medicine drop boxes
- Distribute information about opioid use
- Programs for local medical community
- Partnering with local law enforcement
The Coalition meets the fourth Thursday evening of every other month and is open to the public.
Check the Facebook page for times and locations.