CCS Reopening Plans
On July 14th, Governor Cooper released reopening guidance for public schools, allowing school systems to reopen under plan B and using Phase II guidance for health and safety.
On July 30th, the Cherokee County Board of Education approved Plan B for school reopening.
As part of the Plan B reopening:
- Face coverings are required for every teacher, staff and student K-12.
- Students sit one child per seat on buses unless sitting with siblings.
- 6 feet of distancing is required.
- Students and staff receive daily symptom screenings prior to entering school buildings.
- Regular cleaning schedules will be established.
- Nonessential visitors and activities involving outside organizations will be limited.
Dismissal times for students are set at 2 pm each day to allow time for thorough cleaning of facilities, additional bus routes, and teacher preparation time.
The Board also gave the Superintendent the authority to:
- add additional in-person instructional sessions and days and individual schools
- temporarily move individual schools to Plan C (total virtual learning) based upon changed circumstances in her discretion or at the recommendation of local or state health officials.
Moving the entire Cherokee County School District to Plan C would require further action by the Board of Education.
Cherokee County Schools is committed to providing safe spaces for student learning. The District continues to work collaboratively with the Cherokee County Health Department in regards to any and all health concerns and issues and will follow their guidance in handling such issues.
Find the latest updates on the Cherokee County Schools Facebook page.