Cherokee County Schools
Cherokee County Schools
911 Andrews Road, Murphy, NC 28906
(828) 837-2722 ext. 2420
Ms. Jeana Y. Conley, Superintendent of Schools
If you are interested in any of the vacancies listed below, please
submit your application to:
Ms. Kim Gibson, 911 Andrews Road, Murphy, NC 28906. Phone number: (828) 837-2722 ext. 2420
Applications may be printed from this website (Employment Documents), or by visiting
Central Office at the above address between 8 am to 4 pm Monday through
If you have submitted an application within the last 2-years (non-certified) 4-years (certified) you
may activate it by contacting Ms. Gibson.
To receive additional details about any of the positions listed
feel free to contact Ms. Gibson or the individual listed in the vacancy notice.
We are now accepting applications for the following position
21st Century Community Learning Centers Tutor
Qualification: Bachelor’s Degree in Education preferred or
meet the credentials for an
NC Teacher Assistant
Specific Training: Appropriate Teacher’s
Strong people and organizational
Experience: A teacher or teacher assistant in
the participating school preferred
Pay rate: $15.00 per hour
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Become thoroughly familiar with the approved grant and its
2. Assist Site Director in planning and initiating
high-quality activities outlined in the grant and in the
goals and objectives.
3. Tutor small group of students in the content areas of reading
4. Be prepared to teach each day with lessons plans,
activities, and resources for STEM, arts education,
recreational learning activities, health education including drug and violence
prevention programs, and character education.
5. Develop feedback loop between regular school staff and the
6. Oversee classroom and make sure homework is completed by
signing off on the Homework
7. Assist in maintaining adequate control, discipline, and
ensure safety of students as outlined in
Cherokee County Schools Code
of Student Conduct.
8. Assist in developing and implementing a program of creative
classroom instruction, including
activities involving academic enrichment,
activities aligned to STEM, and activities to promote
9. Assist the site director in maintaining all necessary
records as described in the S.M.A.R.T. goals of
10. Participate in professional development training and
workshops: Reading &
Math Strategies, 4-H Adult Leader Training, Engineering Is Elementary Training,
Trimble Sketchup 3-D Modeling Program, LEGO Robotics, Mendez Too Good for Drugs
and Violence After School Curriculum, Vestibular Skill Building.
11. Welcome, supervise, and provide direction for volunteers
assigned to your classroom.
12. Ensure room is cleaned before leaving.
Reports to: Site Director
Interested candidates can send a letter of interest to DavAnn
Hubbard at firstname.lastname@example.org. Position will be advertised until filled.
Bus Drivers and Bus Monitors
Cherokee County Schools is now accepting applications for Bus Drivers and Bus Monitors.
Successful Applicants must possess a valid North Carolina Commercial Driver's License with
P & S endorsements; CCS will train interested individuals.
Applicants must also meet the following criteria:
· Must be 18 years of age
· Clean driving record
· Clear criminal background check
· Pass pre-employment drug screen as well as random drug screening (if employed by CCS)
· Ability and willingness to work with students and adults
Bus Driver training will be offered to interested applicants. The NC DMV requires that potential drivers pass the NC School Bus Driver written and road tests. The NC DMV also requires all new driver applicants to obtain a Commercial Learners’ Permit before any behind the wheel training, as well as pre-employment drug screening.
For more information regarding these positions contact Ms.
Kim Gibson at (828)-837-2722 ext 2420. Submit
applications to 911 Andrews Rd., Murphy, NC 28906. Applications may
be picked up at the same address. Positions will be advertised until