Cherokee County Schools
Cherokee County Schools, Central Office, 911 Andrews Road, Murphy, NC 28906 (828) 837-2722 ext. 2420
Ms. Jeana C. Hardin, Superintendent of Schools
If you are interested in any of the vacancies listed below, please submit your application to:
Ms. Kim Gibson
911 Andrews Road
Murphy, NC 28906
Phone number: (828) 837-2722 ext. 2420
Applications may be printed from this website (Employment Documents), or by visiting Central Office at the above address between 8 am to 4 pm Monday through Friday.
If you have submitted an application within the last 2-years (non-certified) 4-years (certified) you may activate it by contacting Ms. Gibson at the number listed above.
To receive additional details about any of the positions listed feel free to contact Ms. Gibson.
Cherokee County Schools is now accepting applications for the following certified positions. These positions will remain advertised until filled.
· Chief Technology Innovation Officer – District: (Master’s Degree Library/Media Certification – 076 Licensure)
· Exceptional Children’s Teacher K-12- District: (Certification in area is required.)
· Advanced Placement (AP) Biology Teacher – Murphy High School: (Certification in area required.)
· Art Teacher- Hiwassee Dam Middle/High School: (Certification in area required)
· Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant – District: (Minimum of two-year Associate’s Degree accredited by the American Occupational Therapy Association. Applicants must have passed the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy(NBCOT) certification exam and hold or be eligible to apply for state licensure.)
· Medical Office Assistant – Hiwassee Dam School Based Health Clinic: Minimum Training and experience includes the completion of a one-year formal training course in medical office assisting at a community college or technical institute. Experience in a clinical practice is preferred.
· Speech-Language Pathologist - District: Must hold a current Speech and Language Pathologist license. ASHA certification and/or North Carolina Board of Examiners preferred. Experience working with school age children preferred.
Please send applications to Ms. Kim Gibson at 911 Andrews Rd., Murphy, NC 28906. Position will be advertised until filled. Applications may be picked up at the same address or from our website at www.cherokee.k12.nc.us. For more information regarding these position contact Ms. Kim Gibson at (828) 837-2722 ext. 2420. Cherokee County Schools is an equal opportunity employer.
These are certified positions with specific license requirements. For more information regarding any of these positions contact Ms. Kim Gibson at (828) 837-2722 ext. 2420.
Cherokee County Schools is now accepting applications for the following non-certified positions
Cherokee County Schools is an equal opportunity employer.
Our vacancy listings are updated regularly so please check back periodically for new career openings.